qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The mainpage of QEMU.org is attacked?

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The mainpage of QEMU.org is attacked?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:32:16 +0100

Am 04.11.2011 03:56, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
On 11/03/2011 09:43 PM, Zhi Yong Wu wrote:
HI,

Just now i found that the mainpage of QEMU.org is hacked, right?
http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page

Not hacked, it's a wiki, so it's vulnerable to spam. Folks have been doing a great job reverting the spam.

It amazes me that the spambots are beating the captcha so easily :-/

I've protected the front page for now as I think this is happening repeatedly.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I suggest more restrictions for new user accounts to reduce wiki spam.

These mediawiki extensions require more reasonable user names
and account confirmation:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AntiSpoof

For someone who is really interested in contributing to the QEMU wiki,
account confirmation should be acceptable, and we could be sure
that there is at least a valid mail address connected to the new account.

The rate of valid account request will be much less than the
current rate of new spammer accounts and their bad contributions,
so the work required to process them is less than the current
work to remove spam.

Regards,
Stefan Weil