qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cannot build qemu with "--static" configure option
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:57:06 +0000

On 24 November 2011 12:26, Alon Levy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just FYI, It's the --disable-smartcard that fixed this:
> smartcard requires nss, and:
> $ pkg-config --libs nss
> -lssl3 -lsmime3 -lnss3 -lnssutil3 -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl

Yeah. You can get this problem on Ubuntu too if you have the
relevant libnns3-dev package installed.

However we won't be using the smartcard stuff if we're building
a linux-user target, right, so maybe we can get the makefile
to skip it or only apply these libraries to the relevant
executables ?

Either that or we should say "we don't have a working nss for
smartcard" if the user said --static (ie improve the smartcard
autodetect configure code).

-- PMM