qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Plan for moving forward with QOM

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Plan for moving forward with QOM
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:11:14 +0100

Am 13.12.2011 22:53, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> ISADevice could very easily become an Interface as it has no
> state today.

Not in upstream, but Hervé and me had been working on that for PReP, as
you may recall.

There seemed to be consensus that some ISA devices can choose which I/O
ports and IRQs to listen on (EEPROM state).

Further, since we disallow hotplug on ISA, enabled/disabled became
another ISADevice-internal state (ugly IMO and that's where we stalled).

The latter might be avoided by using pc87312 Super I/O has-a UART and by
not pretending they are ISADevices on a global ISABus but something
custom, private to Super I/O (which has enabled/disabled state in its
registers), that happen to look-and-feel just like ISA devices?

Andreas