qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] insmod virtio-blk is broken in qemu 1.0

From: Fred .
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SeaBIOS] insmod virtio-blk is broken in qemu 1.0
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:23:29 +0100

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Daniel P. Berrange
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sigh, we really need to be better about updating SeaBIOS in QEMU before
> release. We had plenty of time to pull in a newer SeaBIOS before 1.0
> that would have fixed this :-( We've had multiple releases now where
> functionality is broken due to QEMU shipping with an older SeaBIOS
> release than is available upstream.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Yes.

SeaBIOS announcements should be made on the QEMU, KVM and Bochs
mailing lists to raise awareness.

Before the merge window of QEMU (and other software that bundle
SeaBIOS) close, SeaBIOS developers or contributors should verify if
the latest version of SeaBIOS is shipped, if not then request or
commit the latest SeaBIOS to be integrated.