qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] ahci: Make ich9-ahci migratable

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] ahci: Make ich9-ahci migratable
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:55:49 +0100

Hello,

Since mjt asked about it, I'm posting a first draft of AHCI migration support
I recently pieced together. Some more pressing issues came up, including
ide-cd being broken with AHCI, so that I have hardly tested this yet.

The initial issue was that the ports were dynamically allocated in ich.c
and I did not find prior art dealing with that in VMState. I therefore
took the easy path of converting it to a statically-sized array, which is
a bit wasteful of course. Better suggestions welcome.

The second part then is a mostly mechanical addition of fields and structs
to VMState, possibly still incomplete.

Happy Holidays,

Andreas