qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] add debugger command

From: Peter Cheung
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] add debugger command
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:35:05 +0000

Dear All
    Please take a look http://peter-bochs.googlecode.com , I am an operating system developer, bochs has a great build in command-line debugger, but it is not good enough for normal use, so I created peter-bochs for it. But bochs has a deadly weak point, it runs very slow. So I want to add debugger feature for qemu. To let peter-bochs works with qemu, need to add these to qemu
1) able to let peter-bochs pause qemu during running. In bochs, peter-bochs just sending a "ctrl-c" command to bochs, then it pause.
2) magic breakpoint, in bochs, when bochs execute a intstruction xchg bx,bx, it will pause
3) able to send debug command to qemu, through pipeline/socket/whatever.

Is QEMU a tai wan project? I am living in hong kong.

Thanks
from Peter