qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:10:30 +0100

On 01/03/2012 09:19 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
I haven't started yet but I am planning to write qtest virtio PCI tests
and will definitely be taking a look at virtio-scsi.

We don't necessarily need mock devices, just really simply temporary raw
files or similar.  On the other hand mock devices can be a good solution
for programmatically verifying that our intended action was performed on
the host device.

Mocks, no matter whether they're mock SCSI devices or mock block devices, are needed if you want to test TMFs. Cancellation was sorta broken by the coroutine conversion, but I think it can be fixed.

Paolo