qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Code Audit Team
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 10:42:11 +0000

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6 January 2012 20:42, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 01/06/2012 02:02 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
>>> i) Unless it's a build fix, I propose defining a minimum review time
>>> before a patch is applied to a (sub)maintainer's queue.
>
>> I disagree here.  If anything, I think we wait a bit too long for people to
>> review things and that prevents progress.
>
> Actually I think it would be useful to agree on a "standard" time
> for this kind of thing. A lot of the ARM related patches I do don't
> get review, and it would be nice to know how long it's sensible to wait
> until I can submit them in a pull request. (I don't want to cut
> short time for people to review, but I don't want them languishing
> on the list for weeks either...)

I typically ping if there has been no activity for 1 week or more.

Introducing a wait period of more than a few days is probably not
going to add much review, perhaps the usual reviewers will just put
off reviewing until closer to the deadline.  Something like 2 days is
reasonable though, IMO.

Stefan