qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of KVM bits in linux-headers

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of KVM bits in linux-headers
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:05:43 +0100

On 11.01.2012, at 20:59, Anthony Liguori wrote:

>>> Are you suggesting that kvm header updates go through uq/master?  That
>>> seems reasonable to me and is certainly the least amount of change.
>>
>> So how about code that actually leverages the new headers?
>
> Shared KVM infrastructure should go through uq/master.  So changes to
> kvm-all.c, linux-headers/* should go through uq/master.
>
> Target specific kvm changes should go through the appropriate submaintainers
> tree.

So then if I add some target specific stuff to KVM, I have to

  * send pullreq to KVM
  * wait for that to be applied
  * post a patch to uq/master to update headers
  * wait for that to merge back to qemu.git
  * send a pull request to qemu.git

right? And then after about 3 months we'll have the feature available ;).

Alex