qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for tuesday 31

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for tuesday 31
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:15:58 +0100

Am 31.01.2012 00:53, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> On 01/30/2012 05:41 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> Am 30.01.2012 19:55, schrieb Juan Quintela:
>>> Please send in any agenda items you are interested in covering.

>> VMState:
>> Anthony specifically said that VMState were not affected by QOM and that
>> patches should not be deferred until the merge. Yet there's no review
>> and/or decision-making for a month now. Ping^2 for AHCI+SDHC.
>
> Do you have pointers (to pending VMState patches)?

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/137732/ (PATCH v4)

It's basically about how to deal with variable-sized arrays. (Alex
mentioned it on one call around November.) I found ways to deal with
subsets of arrays embedded within the struct and variable-sized list of
pointers to structs but no solution for a malloc()'ed array of structs.
Maybe I'm just too stupid to see. Anyway, no one commented since Xmas.

Igor posted (and refined for v2) a patch with a callback-based approach
that I find promising. From my view, unofficially Juan is the VMState
guy, he's been cc'ed. Are we lacking an official maintainer that cares?
Or is Juan the official, undocumented maintainer but simply busy?

SUSE's interest is making AHCI migratable, and my VMState workaround for
that is simply ugly:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/133066/ (RFC)

Therefore I'm waiting for some resolution.

Regards,
Andreas