qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Alarm_has_dynticks & Time inside guest

From: Gauresh Rane
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Alarm_has_dynticks & Time inside guest
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:52:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I don't understand this code:
 static inline int alarm_has_dynticks(struct qemu_alarm_timer *t)
 {
     return !!t->rearm;
 }

Also, can anyone provide me a general description about how track of time is
kept for the virtual machine. Like I see that real time activities has realtime
clocks. But if a guest goes to sleep how is time moved for the guest. Also how
is the virtual time of the guest updated, Is qemu_wrap_time answer to that.

Thanks,

Regards,

Gauresh Rane
Grad Student