qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] omap_i2c: distinction between OMAP2_INTR_REV and OMAP2_GC_R

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] omap_i2c: distinction between OMAP2_INTR_REV and OMAP2_GC_REV?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:21:22 +0000

I'm looking at cleaning up some more omap3 patches, and have
been working on the omap_i2c related ones. At the moment in
omap_i2c.c there are the following #defines for the I2C module
revision (as exposed via the revision register):

#define OMAP2_INTR_REV 0x34
#define OMAP2_GC_REV   0x34

(plus a hardcoded 0x11 used by omap_i2c_init for omap1.)
and it then uses both #defines apparently interchangeably
when doing tests against the s->revision field.

Does anybody know what the distinction between these two constants
is supposed to be? They were introduced by commit 29885477
back in 2008... (Also, why "INTR" and "GC"?)

The patchset I'm trying to clean up goes for:
#define OMAP1_INTR_REV    0x11
#define OMAP2_INTR_REV    0x34
#define OMAP3_INTR_REV    0x3c
#define OMAP3630_INTR_REV 0x40

although I'm not sure whether 'INTR' makes much sense rather
than 'I2C' or something. I'll stick with these constants if nobody
has a better idea, but I was wondering if anybody could remember
the history behind the current constant names...

thanks
-- PMM