qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu for simulating SoCs?

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu for simulating SoCs?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:36:51 +0100

Hello,

Qemu seems to mostly ship with emulation of individual CPUs (e.g. ARM
processors) and with emulation of boards (e.g. versatile), is it also
used for emulation of SoC?

I've looked around a bit, and found some indications of it, e.g. a
branch that allows connection between SystemC and qemu.  I have
however failed completely to find any specific SoC that is supported.
Quite possibly due to my weak Google-fu.

Is there a branch out there somewhere that has a ready implementation
for some SoC?  Ideally with some of the more "exotic" I/O, such as
PWM, A/D converters, CAN bus, etc (extra points if it's in the STM32F1
family :-)

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: address@hidden   jabber: address@hidden