qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from iscsi-initiator-utils
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:54:19 +0400

On 03.03.2012 15:15, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 03.03.2012 07:43, schrieb ronnie sahlberg:
>> Yes,
>>
>> Very unfortuante since libiscsi is such a nice name for a
>> multiplatform library what even works on win32 :-(
>>
>> I have so renamed it to libiscsiclient  and sent a patch to qemu to
>> this list to use -liscsiclient instead of -liscsi
>
> Mind letting us know which library exactly this clashes with (URL)?
> According to Hannes there was no clash on openSUSE (which I would call a
> standard Linux distro as well), so it sounded like a Fedora-specific
> packaging problem to him.

It looks like iscsi-initiator-utils package in fedora is built using
shared libiscsi which appears to be package-specific, e.g.
http://www.rpmseek.com/rpm/iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.870-13.fc13.x86_64.html?hl=com&cx=0:-:0:8107228:0:0:0:

Files:
/sbin/iscsi-iname
/sbin/iscsiadm
/sbin/iscsid
/sbin/iscsistart
/usr/lib64/libiscsi.so.0

I'd rename _that_ library to be libiscsi-initiator-utils.so, to
reflect the name of the package in question, since it - again -
_appears_ to be package-specific.

Thanks,

/mjt