qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Add support for new image type

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Add support for new image type
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:14:10 +0000

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Kai Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

If iSCSI is too much effort, I suggest looking at NBD which Paolo
mentioned earlier.  It's a small and simple protocol and QEMU already
has the "glue code" to speak it.  In other words, you would write an
NBD server that understands your image format and QEMU would use its
existing block/nbd.c driver to talk to it over a standard protocol.
That even opens the possibility of attaching the image file as a Linux
block device using the nbd driver in Linux.

Stefan