qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for tuesday 31

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for tuesday 31
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:50:26 +0000

On 5 March 2012 15:43, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mid-term also depends on how me want to proceed with LPAE softmmu-wise
> (bump "arm" to 64-bit target_phys_addr_t, or do LPAE and AArch64 in a
> new "arm64").

For LPAE I would have thought we want to make "arm" go to a 64 bit
target_phys_addr_t, since that's exactly what it is: same old
ARM architecture with wider physical addresses :-)

I notice that for the architectures we currently have that have
32 and 64 bit versions we have separate {i386,x86_64}-softmmu,
{ppc,ppc64}-softmmu, {mips,mips64}-softmmu. What's the advantage
of separating out the 64 bit flavours that way rather than
having everything be a single binary?

-- PMM