qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization test

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization tests
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:24:21 -0600

On 03/09/2012 09:17 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Il 09/03/2012 16:02, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:

But again that's not okay for all testcases.  If I want to do SCSI
tests, I cannot write them in shell scripts because qemu-jeos does not
have sg3_utils.

What SCSI tests are you trying to write?

At the very least dump the inquiry pages, mode pages, etc. and see that
they make sense and correspond to the device properties.

Is this not something that's reasonably easy to do in qtest?

Is it possible to write a C program that does the ioctl and dump the inquiry page in a text format conducive to shell parsing?

Are these the sort of tests that would be interesting to also run on
Fedora, Windows, and Ubuntu?

They should give exactly the same output on any guest.

Is it valuable to have a per-platform test or since this is mostly passthrough to the device (I assume), do you just need a single test?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Paolo