qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Despite of traffic control on host netdevice, is it worth t

From: Liu ping fan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Despite of traffic control on host netdevice, is it worth to impose a limit control on qemu emulated net device?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:30:33 +0800

Hi,

As we know, in order to control the guest OS's TX rate limit, we can
apply rate limit on ingress Qdisc of host's tap device.
But I think skb will be dropped on host's tap ingress Qdisc, which
means that for those protocol lacking of congestion control such as
UDP, it will cost a lot of meaningless time to produce dropped packet
.

What about introducing rate limit on qemu's emulated net device?  I
think guest's UDP transaction will be  blocked at wait_for_wmem.

Thanks and regards,
pingfan