qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: Virtual / Physical address translation

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: Virtual / Physical address translation
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:30:25 +0200

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 30 May 2012 02:00, Ira Ray Jenkins <address@hidden> wrote:
>> What I would like is to be able to get the physical addresses of both
>> data and instructions. Can anyone help me work through how to get the
>> properly translated physical addresses given the virtual address?
>
> See the function get_phys_addr() in target-arm/helper.c ... That is
> a private function but if you're doing a local hack you can wire
> it up to what you need it for.

Using that function directly is not that great an idea as it has
side effects on the environment.  IMHO the best is to duplicate
it and remove the side effects (which is what I did for my
cache simulator).

BTW Edgar Iglesias has implemented a cache simulator in
QEMU.  I just can't remember where the repository is...

Laurent