qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM7TDMI support

From: Emmanuel Blot
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM7TDMI support
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:46:37 +0200

Hi Vinicius,

> I'm a new dev/user of QEMU. I was wondering if it supports the
> ARM7TDMI/ARM7TDMI-S natively. Is that possible or do I have to apply some
> additional patch? I'm wondering it because of those differences related to
> Branch instructions and some missing instructions and coprocessors.

I'm using QEMU with a custom ARM7TDMI-S platform emulation.
It required a couple of changes from the official Git for ARM926
(disabling the MMU, mostly, as there's neither MPU nor MMU on this
core).

I also checked that instructions that have been added to the ARM ISA
with V5T(E) are not supported with V4T mode, and it seems ok, at least
for CLZ, PLD, LDRD and STRD. I have not checked the others instruction
yet - V5TE instructions that are not supported on V5T.

I'm not sure that CP15 accesses to unmapped registers on V4T (MMU for
example) are effectively detected as errors though.

Cheers,
Manu