qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QOMification of AXI stream

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QOMification of AXI stream
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:41:32 +0800

On 06/08/2012 05:13 PM, Paul Brook wrote:
Im looking to QOMifying and refactoring the AXI stream interfaces
between the AXI ethernet and AXI DMA modules. I could use some
guidance on how to do this as I can think of about 6 different
solutions. Sources are hw/xilinx_axienet.c and hw/xilinx_axidma.c.

So what im proposing is AXI stream is implemented as a unidirectional
point to point bus. The xilinx ethernet system would consist of two of
these buses one for tx, one for rx.

I thought the idea was that with QOM the bus/device model would go away.
The DMA controller implements an AXIDMA interface, and the device has a AXIDMA
link that's connected to that interface.

Of course we then hit the usual problem with QOM that we can only link to
objects, and it's impossible to expose multiple interfaces of the same type.

No, QOM supports multiple inheritance of interfaces so you absolutely can inherit from multiple different interfaces.

So no need for proxy objects.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

The DMA controller probably needs a proxy object for each DMA channel.

Paul