qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC v0 0/8] QOMify AXI stream for Xilinx AXI ethernet/DMA

From: Peter A. G. Crosthwaite
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v0 0/8] QOMify AXI stream for Xilinx AXI ethernet/DMA
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:38:29 +1000

This series builds on Paolos work-in-progress on the Xilinx IP to get it all
working and get the interface generalised to AXI-stream.

I have cc'd everyone from the RFC i put out for AXI stream, for most the patch
of interest are P2 and P8, which together are the QOMification of AXI stream.
Paolos original work (P2) was pritty much what Andreas proposed as the
solution, so all I did was fix the Names (P8).

The series is a preliminary "quick and dirty" RFC (so i called it v0). It is
not bisectable as several bugfixes are created as individual patches. This is
for ease of review and to track the diff between Paolos and my branch. Ill
remake as atomic patches in V1.

First two patches are cherry picked from Paolos tree.

P1 is a refactoring of the QOM Interface system
P2 sets up the xilinx IP to use Interfaces rather than PROP_PTRs

P3 is the type registration for the interface type (missing from P2)
P4 is a workaround for a bug that needs to be resolved (with canonical paths or
objects)
P5 is a bugfix on the interface system. should fold into P1 (i think?)
P6 is a workaround for a bug in the object link system. Needs some attention
P7 is a typo fix for P2
P8 changes the names of all the types etc to better match AXI stream

Paolo Bonzini (2):
  qom: revamp interfaces
  xilinx: remove PROP_PTR properties

Peter A. G. Crosthwaite (6):
  xilinx_axidma: Added missing TypeInfo
  object: create default canonical paths for orphans
  object: make interfaces concrete
  xilinx  dont cast to interface types with links
  petalogix_ml605_mmu: fixed qdev create for dma
  axidma: renamed interconnect to axi-stream

 hw/axi-stream.c             |   15 ++++++
 hw/axi-stream.h             |   35 ++++++++++++++
 hw/microblaze/Makefile.objs |    1 +
 hw/petalogix_ml605_mmu.c    |   18 ++++----
 hw/xilinx.h                 |   22 ++++-----
 hw/xilinx_axidma.c          |   45 ++++++++++++------