qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] use little granularity lock to substitue qemu_mutex_l

From: Liu Ping Fan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] use little granularity lock to substitue qemu_mutex_lock_iothread
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:06:56 +0800

Nowadays, we use qemu_mutex_lock_iothread()/qemu_mutex_unlock_iothread() to
protect the race to access the emulated dev launched by vcpu threads & iothread.

But this lock is too big. We can break it down.
These patches separate the CPUArchState's protection from the other devices, so
we
can have a per-cpu lock for each CPUArchState, not the big lock any longer.