qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] introduce a dynamic library to expose qemu block

From: Wenchao Xia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] introduce a dynamic library to expose qemu block API
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:55:55 +0800

于 2012-7-13 17:27, Christoph Hellwig 写道:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:13:15AM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
How is that different from all the qemu-io commands?

qemu-io has no modes to just dumb the output without additional
information / statistics or for the write case just take user input
instead of a pattern.  I actually tried to add raw arguments to
qemu-io, which still worked ou ok for reads but started to get
fairly ugly for the write.

What I use in production right now is a trivial qemu-cat tool that
just does the raw reads and writes, but I think adding it as a new
sub command to qemu-img instead of another tool seems a bit cleaner.

If you and Kevin or Anthony disagree and want the qemu-cat tool I can
submit a patch for that instead.

  That seems one user case the library should support. The library is
supposed to do more to expose generic block library which qemu device
emulator have used, the ideal expect is that other program linked with
the library could operate image the same way as qemu core.

--
Best Regards

Wenchao Xia