qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu log function to print out the registers of the gue

From: Wei-Ren Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu log function to print out the registers of the guest
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:26:59 +0800

> To verify what is translation time and what is the run time, I log the
> register information before disassembling each guest code. I copied
> some results from the log file, which is generated at run time of a
> guest machine.
>
>          EAX=00000000  EBX=00006ffc
>          IN:
>          0x00000000000f2087:  mov    $0xf5588,%eax
>
>          EAX=000f5588  EBX=00006ffc
>          IN:
>          0x00000000000f208B:  move 0x4(%ebx)  %eax
>
> The first instruction load eax with the value 0xf5588, so the eax at
> the second instruction is EAX=000f5588. So can I consider the memory
> address of 0x4(%ebx) as (00006ffc +  4)? I think this should be the
> run time information I need. Please correct me  if there is anything
> wrong. Thanks.

  IIRC, "-d in_asm" only give you what has been translated not executed.
Remember you said you log the register information before disassembling
each guest code? In other words, (guest) ebx might not be the value you
saw here. This is just my opinion.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,