qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] passing translated address out in QEMU

From: Xin Tong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] passing translated address out in QEMU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:38:17 -0700

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM, 陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen)
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> In tcg_gen_qemu_ld8s(tmp, addr, index); a TCGv addr is passed to the
>> INDEX_op_qemu_ld8s as param and the loaded value is passed back in
>> tmp. i want to get the translated value as well.  how can i do that ?
>
>   IIUC, qemu_ld takes addr as guest virtual address, then loads the
> value in that address into tmp. So, what "translated value" you mean
> here? The guest physical address, host virtual address, or the value
> of the guest virtual address?

either the guest physical or the host virtual is fine with me. but
better to be guest physical. i think guest physical can be obtained by
subtracting host virtual with a fixed offset for ram. but the thing i
do not know how to do is how to pass the guest physical back, can i
store the guest physical in the TCGv from the guest virtual.

Xin