qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for Stateless Static NAT for TAP devices

From: John Basila
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding support for Stateless Static NAT for TAP devices
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:32:33 +0300

I have a setup that requires to run virtual machines using QEMU. All these
machines will be executed from the same snapshot thus giving them the save same
state when they come to life, this is why they all will have the same source
IP, the only difference between them is that each one is connected to a
different TAP device.

I have tried using iptables to NAT the connections based on the TAP interface
and make it change the source IP of the connection to an IP that upon return
will go back to the correct TAP device, but alas, the problem of state fullness
of the iptables caused the problem with the second instance of the virtual
machine that sent the same packet that was did pass the rule base as it was
matched on an already opened connection that thus was NATed to the first
virtual machine source IP.