qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Detecting context switch in QEMU

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Detecting context switch in QEMU
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:44:44 +0700

Hi Xin Tong..

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Xin Tong <address@hidden> wrote:
> BTW, if a thread makes a system call, when the kernel is servicing the
> syscall. is it still accessing the thread's memory using the threads
> page table (i.e. the kernel is using virtual address ?). how about AIO
> kernel threads  ?

accessing thread user space memory? hm....quite likely... let's say in
a case of read() or write()

AIO kernel thread... not sure, I guess eventually kernel AIO thread
will wake up the user space side and do some data transfer from kernel
to user space (or maybe also the other way around).

The word "async" here stress the meaning that the kernel side of I/O
operation doesn't operate in the context of the reading/writing
process. CMIIW

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa