qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 'qemu-nbd' explicite flush to disk

From: Mark Trumpold
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 'qemu-nbd' explicite flush to disk
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 08:10:45 -0700

Paolo,

Please recall you had sent me the link below to a kernel patch to allow
'qemu-nbd' to flush to disk.  The patch was applied with good success.

However, recent testing indicates that filesystem corruption issue I am
seeing seems to be tied to large (>500mbyte) filesystem writes.  I also
observe the kernel 'flush' thread approaching 100% cpu at times, and i/o
wait % as reported by 'top' increasing sharply during the copy/write.

Was wondering if perhaps there are any special kernel config options that
I may be missing for 'nbd', or any other information that might help.

Best regards,
Mark Trumpold