qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu

From: johan marx
Subject: [Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:03:20 +0000

Hi,
I have been trying to get the spi working on an emulated omap3 with qemu but so far I wasn't able to complete the cycle. I decided to use spidev in order to ease things. Here is what I currently did:
  • I changed the kernel so everything is working on the real overo board. So it is definitely a qemu problem.
  • I put logging messages into the qemu code to see where I was stucked at: it is transmitting the spi messages but it gets stuck in the spi.c at the line if ((dev = bus->device[channel])).
From that I think the bit I'm missing is the initialisation of the spidev device on the qemu side. I don't know if that has to be defined when launching qemu or if that has to be created in qemu source code (then where and how?). I haven't been able to find anything on that subject so I hope someone here can give me a hint.

Thank you for your help,
Johan