qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] i.MX233 / olinuxino support

From: M P
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] i.MX233 / olinuxino support
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:08:00 +0000

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11 December 2012 13:08, M P <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've added imx23 support to qemu, with quite a lot of working peripherals,
> and enough to boot linux with SD card and USB working. There are bits
> missing (audio, video outputs) but it's otherwise working pretty well.
>
> I've collated and cleaned the patches onto this github branch, I'd
> appreciate any comments and/or complementary work before I submit the
> patches for merging here...
>
> https://github.com/buserror-uk/qemu-buserror/commits/dev-imx233

"Showing 11 changed files with 2,236 additions and 0 deletions."

That commit absolutely has to be broken up into a coherent set of
smaller patches; it is far too big to code review as it stands.

Well I pondered that, but really I don't see how to split that since they are all new files.., and all the bits are part of one 'unit'.. Any suggestion ?

You don't seem to be following the QEMU coding style. (CODING_STYLE
and scripts/checkpatch.pl may be of use).

I'll study the coding style. I have to say I did a bit of cut/paste from other files and 'tried' to stick to what I've seen, and otherwise defaulted to kernel mode..

Information on how to test the board model would be good. Also
unit tests, maybe?

Are you going to be sticking around to help maintain and improve
the board model in the future?

Yes I'd definitely would want that, as well as add imx28 -- I did the mini2440 qemu support years ago, but let it diverge and always regretted that as now it's it would require more or less a rewrite...

http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch has more pointers
on patch submission.

Thanks, thats exactly the sort of information I wanted :-)

thanks
-- PMM

Michael