qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] pthread_create failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Christoffer Dall
Subject: [Qemu-devel] pthread_create failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:17:11 -0500

Hi,

I am seeing some brutal crashes with QEMU running virtio using KVM/ARM.

The culprit seems to be when the process runs out of virtual address
space on 32-bit systems due to some subsystem (virtio?) creating a
large number of pthreads under heavy workloads.

Unfortunately my QEMU expertise is too limited to pin-point the exact
fix, nor do I have resources right now to go into it, but I wanted to
raise this issue and spread general awareness.

Is this a known issue or something that needs to be tracked/documented at least?

Thanks for you input.

-Christoffer