qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:14:18 +0100

Richard Henderson <address@hidden> writes:

  > MULX implies a bunch of other instructions due to CPUID flag grouping.
  > ADCX and ADOX can be implemented separately. None of these and the
  > other instructions in the MULX group look very complex.

  I've got a patch for (most of?) the bmi[12] insns:

    git://repo.or.cz/qemu/rth.git x86-next

  This includes general support for the VEX prefixes.

Nice!

Is it in such a state that grabbing that repo and building a
qemu-system-x86_64 would give me MULX support?

I realise things might not be as stable as a release, but I can deal
with that.

  But before I did anything else for the adx extension,
  I thought I'd have a look back at Paolo's eflags optimization
  patch series that he posted in October.  Otherwise we'll
  not be able to get really good emulation of these insns.

I see.  ADCX and ADOX are several years away, IIUC.

--
Torbjörn