qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Minutes for KVM call 2013-01-15

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Minutes for KVM call 2013-01-15
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:16:51 +0100

* cpu hot plug
  - use qdev propierties conected to a set of socket objects (anthony)
  - cpusets are the wrong interface (anthony)
  - make a link between cpu <-> socket instead of a propierty?
  - how far are we from being able to describe a cpu with -device?
    (didn't heare the answer, andreas?)
  - perhaps the best approach?
  - After soft-freeze, exceptions depend on the maintainer
  - After hard-freeze, no exceptions
  -device don't require a bus, just an implementation detail, we can change that
  - use cpuset as an intermediate step until full vision is implemented
  - several approaches from where we are now, to have something before
    we get a full solution

At this point, Andreas agreed to write a better summary of the
discussion and suggestions O:-)

Later, Juan.