qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SocketAdress + udb

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SocketAdress + udb
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:05:22 +0100

  Hi,

> Gerd Hoffmann (9):
>   chardev: add support for qapi-based chardev initialization
>   chardev: add mux chardev support to qapi
>   chardev: switch null init to qapi
>   chardev: add msmouse support to qapi
>   chardev: add braille support to qapi
>   chardev: switch file init to qapi
>   chardev: add stdio support to qapi
>   chardev: switch serial/tty init to qapi
>   chardev: switch parallel init to qapi

Looking into how to add -chardev udp:... support best.  We have
InetSocketAddress.  Using as-is doesn't fly, for udp we must be able to
specify the local address too.  So ...

 (1) We could just add (optional)  'localaddr' + 'localport' to
     InetSocketAddress.

     This is in line with the current QemuOpts.

 (2) We could create a UdpSocket with { 'local' : InetSocketAddress,
     'peer' : InetSocketAddress }.

     This makes a bit more sense.  The fact that we have ipv4 + ipv6
     flags in InetSocketAddress (which doesn't belong there IMHO) makes
     this look a bit odd though ...

Comments?  Other suggestions?

cheers,
  Gerd