qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] propose to implement ower device

From: li guang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] propose to implement ower device
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:40:57 +0800

Hi, Anthony and all

By now all devices of QEMU do not have much more
power management consideration, for example, if
system do suspend, it will call all registered notifiers,
this was loosely required, and the code to do power management
state transition seems just do 'ugly emulation', rather than be
conscious with whole system devices, same condition with reset(it
has been embedded in DeviceClass, good!),
shutdown, in real world, commonly all devices' power are controlled
by a power chip, then all power sequence can be done just
issue commands to this chip.
so, I come across an idea to implement qdev'ed power device, and
make all qdev struct of devices aware of self power management(add
reset, suspend, shutdown ... filed for DeviceClass), this will
bring tidy power management, and the emulation will more like what
happened in real world.
Hope I've expressed my idea clearly, if you have any questions, let me
know, if get your permission, I'll step ahead to do this power
chip emulation work.

Thanks!