qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] slirp: Adding IPv6 NDP autoconfiguration

From: Guillaume Subiron
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] slirp: Adding IPv6 NDP autoconfiguration
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:26:17 +0100

Hi,

We are developing IPv6 in Qemu -net user case, starting with ICMPv6
NDP.

With this patch, a Debian guest can perform autoconfiguration using
NDP. We have added a full IPv6->ICMPv6->NDP stack starting from
slirp_input and based on slirp IPv6 implementation. In the end, SLIRP
responds to Router Solicitations by sending the fc00:: prefix in a
Router Advertisement and the host computes a global IPv6. SLIRP also
responds to Neighbor Solicitations, of course.
The next thing is to send Neighbor Solicitations when if_encap needs
an IPv6 that is not in ndp_table, similarly to ARP.

This patch will be cut into 2 subpatchs to follow the submit rules of
Qemu (refactoring, then the NDP feature), but we'd like to get some
feedback on the general approach, to know if we are going in the good
direction.

Our next goals are to develop ICMPv6 router ping (not external ping)
and to adapt UDP.

--
Guillaume Subiron
  Mail - address@hidden