qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Live Block Migration Strategy

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Live Block Migration Strategy
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:11:47 -0500

Hi all,

Could someone share me with some information about the live block migration strategy in the current qemu-kvm. As I know, there are at least IO mirroring, dirty block tracking, snapshot, precopy or postcopy strategy exist for the block migration. I donot know which one is used in the current block migration algorithm (qemu-kvm 1.2.0).

Any information or guidance are much more appreciated! Thanks!

Best,
Yaodong
Yaodong Yang
Ph.D. Student