qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2013-04-23

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2013-04-23
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:45:05 +0200

* 1.5 pending patches (paolo)
  anthony thinks nothing big is outstanding
  rdma: not probably for this release,  too big change on migration
  cpu-hotplug: andreas expect to get it for 1.5

* What can libvirt expect in 1.5 for introspection of command-line support?

  command extensions?  libvirt want then
* What are the rules for adding optional parameters to existing QMP
  commands?  Would it help if we had introspection of QMP commands?

  what are the options that each command support.

  command line could work for 1.5
    if we got patches on the next 2 days we can get it.
  rest of introspection need 1.6
    it is "challenging"
    we are interesting into feature introspection
    and comand extensions?
    one command to return the schema?
  if we change a command,  how we change the interface without
  changing the c-api?

  we can change "drive_mirror" to use a new command to see if there
  are the new features.

  if we have a stable c-api we can do test cases that work.

Eric will complete this with his undrestanding from libvirt point of
view.

Later,  Juan.