qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Policy for supported hosts/platforms

From: Ed Maste
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Policy for supported hosts/platforms
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:22:23 -0400

On 5 June 2013 10:04, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> In terms of policy, we should consider buildbot coverage as a
> requirement for a platform/architecture to be fully supported.  Fully
> supported means (1) that code will be rejected/reverted if it breaks one
> of these platforms (2) breaking these platforms will be a release
> blocker.

I think this is a sensible policy, even though FreeBSD is a platform
that people are testing and care about, but currently lacks a
buildbot.  One of the reasons for that is that until recently building
QEMU on FreeBSD required patches only found in the FreeBSD ports tree.

I hope that we'll have a FreeBSD 9.1 and CURRENT buildbot available shortly.