qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 回复: Re: 回复: Re: W hich part of qemu responds to ACPI c

From: Laszlo Ersek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 回复: Re: 回复: Re: W hich part of qemu responds to ACPI control method?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:06:19 +0200

On 07/04/13 08:05, bobooscar wrote:
> Thank you laszlo. however, after I got DSDT.dsl, I found that there is
> no “_PTS” method, even if “_TTS” “_GTS”.
> Then I go through all the acpi tables, still found no PTS/TTS methods:
>     acpidump > acpidump.out
>     acpixtract -a acpidump.out
>     for file in `ls |grep dat`; do iasl -a $file; done
>
> The guest os is redhat 6.1 hvm.
>
> What does that mean? Does that mean this OS does not support
> sleep/wakeup(suspend/resume) with acpi? What caused this problem? Does
> that have anything to do with qemu? (I tried to add logs in
> hwsleep.c:acpi_enter_sleep_mode in the guest kernel code, and found that
> the os does not get here)

Some tables can have several instances, like SSDT; see the --skip option.

But, it seems reasonable that you have found no _PTS method, as SeaBIOS
doesn't seem to define such. Since you started your email with _PTS, I
treated the method as something given in your case. Now I'm supposing
you use SeaBIOS and _PTS not being there is consistent with that.

So, back to square 1, what is your *actual* problem?

In any of the dumped / decompiled SSDT tables, do you see _S3, _S4, _S5
objects?

Maybe try passing the following options to qemu:

  -global PIIX4_PM.disable_s3=0 -global PIIX4_PM.disable_s4=0

Laszlo