qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] Undeterministic behaviour with icount.

From: Frederic Konrad
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Undeterministic behaviour with icount.
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:32:21 +0200

Hi everybody,

We get some issues with reverse execution caused by indeterminism.

Something catched our attention:
static void icount_warp_rt(void *opaque), cpus.c:276

We have the feeling that icount is synchronized with rt_clock, is that possible?

According to this Paolo's series this must be called when the cpus are sleeping, but
I saw this called frequently during the execution, is that the expected behaviour?
If not what's the best way to fix that?

Thanks,
Fred