qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio indirect with lots of descriptors

From: Dave Airlie
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio indirect with lots of descriptors
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:46:03 +1000

Hi Rusty,

playing with my virtio gpu, I started hitting the qemu
error_report("Too many read descriptors in indirect table");

Now I'm not sure but this doesn't seem to be a virtio limit that the
guest catches from what I can see, since my host dies quite quickly,
when I'm doing transfers in/out of a 5MB object with an sg entry per
page.

Just wondering if you can confirm if this is only a qemu limitation or
if I should just work around it at a bit of a higher level in my
driver/device?

Dave.