qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/8] arm AioContext with its own timer stuff
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:53:33 +0100

--On 25 July 2013 14:32:59 +0200 Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:

I would happily at a QEMUClock of each type to AioContext. They are after
all pretty lightweight.

What's the point of adding tones of QEMUClock instances? Considering
proper abstraction, how are they different for each AioContext? Will
they run against different clock sources, start/stop at different times?
If the answer is "they have different timer list", then fix this
incorrect abstraction.

Even if I fix the abstraction, there is a question of whether it is
necessary to have more than one timer list per AioContext, because
the timer list is fundamentally per clock-source. I am currently
just using QEMU_CLOCK_REALTIME as that's what the block drivers normally
want. Will block drivers ever want timers from a different clock source?

--
Alex Bligh