qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] minimal linux distribution for qemu

From: Herbei Dacian
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] minimal linux distribution for qemu
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:57:08 +0100 (BST)

good to know.
I was working back in 2005-2006 with a company that had a 4MB kernel.
At that time I was too inexperienced to work at that level but I thought now I could reproduce their work with some help.
Anyhow for the moment I'll go for 256 MB of ram board just so that I don't worry too much about things that are not yet relevant for me.
But thanks again for the warning.
But since you helped me soo much I have another question.
Is it fisible to change the emulator so that I may visualize the following aspects:
_ address of the currently executed instruction from the guest system
_ if this instruction is a form of jump like call return conditional jump.
_ the address or range of addresses read by this instruction
_ the address or range of addresses written by this instruction

I read some things about the emulator and if I understood it correctly the emulator breaks the instructions of the gurest platform in micro ops which are then executed on the host operation system.
So I'm asking the question above in the idea that maybe there is also somekind of reordering of these micro instructions.
best regards,
dacian