qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Bug?] qemu-1.6.0 python traceback in GEN qmp-commands.

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Bug?] qemu-1.6.0 python traceback in GEN qmp-commands.h
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:22:19 +0200 (CEST)

> On August 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM Erik Rull <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> Luiz Capitulino wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:21:50 +0100
> > Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> My guess is that your python is older than 2.6; I think
> >> the "except Foo as e" syntax is new in 2.6. We probably
> >> missed this because most people use a newer Python than
> >> 2.6, but configure's check only requires 2.4 or better.
> >>
> >> We should probably update the scripts to not use overly
> >> new features (or alternatively decide that 2.6 is our new
> >> minimum -- what do RHEL5 and our other oldest-supported
> >> distros ship?)
> >>
> >> For this specific case I think it needs to change to
> >>       except QAPISchemaError, e:
> >
> > Erik, can you try that and post a patch? Would be interesting
> > to know if this is the only problem with older python.
> >

> Yes, I will try that. I never really tried to send patches to this list...
> My python version is 2.4 - as it was assumed already.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erik

This "fixes" it - it compiles successfully, but my guest no longer boots up
completely!
Windows XP gets a bluescreen and reboots in an infinite loop. Strange is: I was
requested to put some "efi*" files now on my target system for handling the
network cards (qemu complains at startup via stderr when I don't have them
available on my target system). But why? Where can I select to use the "pxe*"
files? There seems to be no possibility to select them via ./configure or as
qemu command line option. Maybe this is related to the bluescreen? 1.2.0 was
working properly.

Best regards,

Erik