qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Disable scaling of SDL

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Disable scaling of SDL
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 20:47:21 +0200

Am 24.08.2013 15:43, schrieb Taimoor Mirza:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using QEMU with SDL support to run some demo applications.
> Problem I am facing is that fonts in my SDL window are not displayed
> properly. I have to press Ctrl+Alt+u to undo scaling. After that fonts
> display correctly.
> Is there any way I can disable scaling in SDL window?
>
> Thanks,
> Taimoor

Hi Taimoor,

currently the only way to disable scaling is modifying the
source code and building your own binaries.

SDL scaling is indeed not useful, uses broken code for
all platforms and scales without reason on Windows host.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/155925/ is a patch
which disables it.

Regards,
Stefan