qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] questions about the bdrv_co_do_readv()

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] questions about the bdrv_co_do_readv()
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:59:51 -0500

In the block-migration period, each chunk of data is read by bdrv_aio_readv(),
then bdrv_co_aio_rw_vector() , then bdrv_co_do_rw().

Inside the bdrv_co_do_rw() function, the bdrv_co_do_readv() function is called
twice. and exit without finish the execution of the bdrv_co_do_readv()
function. All these calls are inside the migration thread. Later, the iothread
will finish the bottom half of the bdrv_co_do_readv() function. I do not why it
is executed in this way.

In sum, the bdrv_co_do_readv() seems to be executed inside two thread, the
migration thread and native iothread. Both of them executed the function twice
for a single request. Could someone explain it for me ? I appreciate it very
much!

Thanks!
Yaodong