qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to emulate an i2c device on QEMU x86?

From: Honghe Wu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to emulate an i2c device on QEMU x86?
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 22:29:46 +0800

Hi there,

Our team want to emulate a multi-touchscreen device controller/device based on x86 arch, and encounter some problems.

We have created a virtual multi-touchscreen controller demo, and registered it on i2c bus, but it doesn't seem to work.
We register the controller on i2c bus, cause:
  1. We found lots of touchscreen drivers on Linux kernel are registered on i2c bus, such as egalax_ts.c driver.
  2. We create the multi-touchscreen controller by referring the virtual smbus_eeprom.c device controller/device.
But, it seems the virtual multi-touchsreen controller we created isn't probed by guest Linux which running on QEMU, and we have some douts:
  1. Creating a multi-touchscreen controller registered on i2c bus, is that ok?
  2. If that's ok, how to add an interrupt into the controller, cause the virtual smbus_eeprom.c controller we referring has not any interrupt.
  3. When QEMU is star up, we can find the multi-touchscreen controller registered on i2c bus through `info qtree` command, why can't we find the controller on guest Linux `/sys/bus/i2c/devices` derictory?
  4. Can the virtual controller probed by guest Linux through generating an interrupt?
  5. And is there any source code we can reference?
Thanks!

--
Honghe