qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures

From: Brad Smith
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Buildbot Failures
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 19:55:43 -0400

On 29/08/13 5:57 AM, Charlie Shepherd wrote:
Hi all,

This is an attempt to do some triaging of the 18 current buildbot
failures[1].

default_openbsd_current (offline):
http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/builders/default_openbsd_current/builds/509/steps/compile/logs/stdio

   AS    optionrom/multiboot.o
   Building optionrom/multiboot.img
ld: multiboot.o: relocation R_X86_64_16 can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
multiboot.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
gmake[1]: *** [multiboot.img] Error 1
gmake: *** [romsubdir-optionrom] Error 2

This has been offline for a few weeks, I wonder if this issue has been
fixed in master since?

I have been meaning to try and come up with a fix for this issue for awhile now. This has come about because OpenBSD 5.3 and newer now utilizes PIE by default on most of our architectures and building the ROM images needs to have PIE disabled. We have a patch in our ports tree to deal with this but it is not appropriate for upstream as is.

believed to be clean.